2. Quit smoking or reduce your exposure to second-hand smoke. Science has proven the ill effects of smoking on our bodies, but did you know smoking also depletes your body of vitamin C? This nutrient is essential to keeping the skin plump and moist. Smoking also causes dryness of the skin and wrinkling.
3. Increase your activity levels. Exercise helps tone your muscles and gets the blood flowing and boosts oxygen levels. Sweat purges your body of toxins that can clog pores and cause acne. When you exercise, your releases more of its natural oils that help skin look supple and healthy.
4. Drink alcohol in moderation. Alcohol contributes to aging skin by dilating small blood vessels in the skin and increasing blood flow near the skin's surface. Over time these blood vessels can become permanently damaged creating a flushed appearances and broken vessels on the skin’s surface.
5. Get adequate sleep. Some experts say getting a good night’s sleep is the most important thing you can do to improve your skin. Lack of sleep shows more prominently as we age as evidenced by dark circles and/or bags under the eyes, dull complexions, and sagging skin. Research has shown that most adults function and look their best with 8-9 hours of sleep each night.
6. Reduce stress. Multiple factors can contribute to stress – and multiple things can be done to combat it! Furrowed brows, frown lines, “worry lines,” combined with lack of sleep, poor diet, and little activity can deliver a whammy to our skin! Walking, taking a multi-vitamin supplement, doing yoga, and pampering yourself with a facial are all great ways to reduce stress levels.
7. Improve your diet with antioxidant-rich foods. Citrus fruits such as oranges, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, papaya, & grapefruit are great sources of antioxidant polyphenols. Not only do the fruits have antioxidant value but also increase the amount of vitamin C within the cells. Taking a vitamin C supplement at least 60 mgs for adults and 45mgs for children is a great daily source of vitamin C to prevent cell damage.
8. Get a fabulous facial from Rhonda at Skin Savy! Getting a monthly facial not only feels great, but has other benefits too....exfoliation helps smooth out the skin and regenerate cells leaving skin softer and more supple. This makes skin care and make-up application even easier, causing you to use less product and that's k!savings back into your pocketboo Call Rhonda at 602.373.7521.